Friday, September 21, 2012

Workout routine

Hello friends this is what I do in the Gym as a workout routine, I started with just zumba.  I proceeded to go to a boot-camp class which thought me that in order to loose weight you must lift weight. My diet has a lot to do with loosing weight also. On a regular day I would eat toast with strawberry jam for breakfast. For snack fruits and sometimes almonds. At lunch time I would eat carbohydrates, usually what I made for dinner the previous day in a small amount. Dinner time is always a salad with whatever meat I make for my family chicken, ground beef or anything else. Another key element is limiting alcohol intake. A glass of wine has around 300 calories which is about 3 miles running to burn that off. I only drink one beer which has 160 calories once a week. I hope that this helps out, if there's any question I'm happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge. I'm not an expert, I'm just a girl loosing weight!

Below you will find a series of exercises with the pics of what your suppose to be doing. I created this document because I was lost in the gym and I love visuals. (originally got the info from http://bodyforlife.com/library/exercise/weight-training)
In between each set of reps you need to do a cardio exercise or a core exercise. In order words if you are doing upper body and start with Lat Pull downs after your first set of 12 you do jumping jacks. On the next set after your 10 reps you would do high knees, butt kicks, lunges, burpees, push ups, jumping squads or anything else you can think off at least 10 reps of each. between all set of reps (12,10,8,6).  I recommended doing 20 reps of the cardio exercises in between but is entirely up to you.

The schedule should be:
Day 1: Upper body
Day 2: Cardio
Day 3: Lower body
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: Upper body - I'm doing core on this day I will post those exercises later on.
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: off

This is just a guidance you may do whatever you feel like doing just get your body moving!!!

LOWER BODY Exercise choose two from each groupRepsWeight lifted
QUADRICEPS

Barbell Squats

Leg presses

Leg Extensions



HAMSTRINGS


Dumbell Lunges







Straight Leg Deadlifts


Lying leg curl


CALVES


Seated Calf Raises


Standing Heel Raises




ABS


Floor Crunches



Oblique floor Crunch

Decline Crunches

Decline Oblique

Hanging knee raises

Reverse churnches

Cable crunches

Cable oblique crunches
























UPPER BODY Exercise choose two from each groupRepsWeight lifted
CHEST

Barbell bench press


Barbell incline press

Dumbell Bench press

Dumbell Incline press

Dumbell Flyers

 



Cable Crossover



BACK


Pull-ups

Wide-grip Lat pulldown

One-arm Dumbell Rows


Seated cable Rows




Back Extensions


Straight-Arm pulldown



SHOULDERS


Seated dumbbell Press


Front Raises


Lateral Raises





Reverse Flyers


Upright Cable rows


Upright Barbell Rows



BICEPS


Alternate dumbbell curls


Barbell Curls



Preacher Curls


Concentration curls

Cable curls


Hammer Curls


TRICEPS





Seated Tricep presses


Lying Triceps presses


Triceps Kickbacks


Triceps pushdowns

Cable extensions

Bench dips






1 comment:

  1. Hello, just wanted to tell you, I enjoyed this article.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!
    Check this out the best cable crossover exercise machine.

    ReplyDelete